Pages

Friday, September 19, 2014

Fun at the Cabin


We are at the cabin enjoying nature. Poor deer is so hungry and I am not sure why. There seems to be plenty to eat. They sure seemed to like the peanuts we had for the chipmunk, and chipmunk liked the sunflower seed we brought for the birds. 
We have had visits from the flying squirrel a little red squirrel, a big gray squirrel and a raccoon. It is a very busy little cottage. Sophie is having fun watching out the window. Her job is to keep the mice from coming in.
Here is a picture of a chickadee eating from my hand.

This video I put to gather with pictures and video of hubby feeding the deer peanuts. 

Nature is a beautiful place! I am so thankful that I have a place to go were I can really enjoy it gifts.

Thanks for stopping and I hope you enjoyed my little pice of paradise.
 

9 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

How fun!!!!!

Candace Scarborough said...

Linda that is sooo cool, we have those same type chickadees here in the NW and they hang around our little water pond a lot but I've never had one actually feed out of my hand...How cool...

Dawnll said...

How fun to be out in nature and so close feeding them. I miss doing that...have a wonderful and restful weekend.

ileyssilver said...

So jealous Linda. would love to be at PLUM lake and meeting you for dinner at Sayner Pub. Fun place. have a wonderful time. You deserve it my friend.

Lizzy Hill said...

Dammit! I could only see 1/2 the video before 'an error occured try again later'...grrrr.....FASCINATING & sooo interesting, cos here you are feeding and befriending, & in diff parts of the country folks are shooting them! Life is strange. LOOOVED seeing your up close & personal experiences....& hearing your lovely accent!!!

ike said...

How amazing is that !!!? AWESOME Linda - I hope you have a fabulous time :-D
Hugz
IKE xxxxxxx

LeAnne said...

NO WAY! I am so jealous that you got that sweet little chickadee to eat from your hand. You must have the patience of Job!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Linda your video is awesome I agree that nature has so much beauty the animals are beautiful it must be wonderful to be so close to them.
hugs
lorraine x

Lizzy Hill said...

Got it! Watched all of it--- what a wonderful, wonderful place .....sooo restful & Peaceful:):) xo