Pages

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Rolodex Card A Day 246

Today I have sad news. Mary passed away in her sleep early yesterday morning. She was in a nursing home for just one week after falling at her assisted living apartment, breaking her hip and arm. Mary lived with us for 18 months before she decided she needed more care and we need to be able to get away and enjoy our retirement like she and John did. 
I am so glad we had that time together to get to know and love each other. I will miss her .
 Here is the quote on todays card. It is hard to read with all the lays. "The Moment may be temporary but the memory is forever."  I made this card last week. It is funny I had no idea how perfect it was going to be for today. 
I hope that you can give your parents a hug today and tell them that you love them. I feel so blessed that I was able to do that with my parents and Gary's for as many years as we had together here on earth.

Here is the process video.


Hugs to you all and thanks for stopping by today.

 

4 comments:

Dinahsoar said...

I'm sorry for your loss. Breaking a hip so often leads to death for the elderly. Seems a shame to me that one cannot survive a broken hip once older. You were a good dil to care for Mary in your home. Not many would these days. God bless and comfort you, your husband and family.

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Linda I love this card and yes it is perfect with that sentiment, so true, I have been thinking about you today, take care.
hugs
lorraine x

Lizzy Hill said...

Oh, that is so sad & I guess this is now a big readjustment time for you guys..... Thinking of u & DEFFO going to give my mum a big hug..... She's the last of 4 that we have....:):)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So gorgeous!! LOVING that dragonfly!!!!!